How to use?

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Hello, I installed the WSP and it created 2 lists when deployed - but that's as far as I got. Are there any further instructions/YouTube videos to come?
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM
You'll need to add the web part to a page and then edit the properties to set the resources and bookings list titles.
Mar 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Trying to deploy this solution. Well I've got it deployed and put the web part in place. However, when I try to add a new booking the form has a drop down for Resource but no resources are listed. Where do I add these resources?
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
There is a list called Resources where you can add new resources.
Mar 27, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Edited Mar 27, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Where are these lists? Mine didn't create any list.
I have got an error message "Unable to find Resource list, please check the webpart settings."
Please help.
Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM
There are 2 lists, one is called Resources the other Bookings. The Bookings list doesn't show and you have to view all site content to see it. If for some reason they haven't been created when the feature was activated you could create them from the templates, then add them to the web part settings.
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Hi Ian,

Great tool you have. It would help to clarify if this is a Farm-scoped solution, or a Sandbox solution. Would it be possible to have a sandbox solution (for those on SP 2010 and do not have access to Central Admin)?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Hi,

I do have a sandbox version which I tested against Office365 (Wave 14), this version isn't published on codeplex. I'll ask a colleague to get in touch.

Ian.
May 8, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Hi Ian

I have installed the solution though when i activate it in my sites it creates the list though there isnt a web part to add to the pages? Did i miss something?
May 17, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I have the same problem as peachypete82. The 2 lists are created, but i can't see the webpart anywhere.
May 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Go into site settings and into the web parts library and add the web part to the web parts library. That fixed it for me

Peter Konstek – IT Manager

Transmin Pty Ltd
33-35 Denninup Way, Malaga
Perth Western Australia 6090
p: + 61 8 9270 8513 | f: + 61 8 9249 6116 | m: 0411 666 601
[email removed] www.transmin.com.au

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this mail in error
please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to
be the views of Transmin Pty Ltd.

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM
peachypete82, where did you get the web part? via the source code? i tried but go an error. can you detail what you did please
Jun 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM
It would be helpful if anyone had a quick "how to install" on your site collection doc they could share. I'm looking to install this, but am not sure how to or how the source code plays into the architecture. Any help would be appreciated.
Feb 27, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Edited Feb 27, 2014 at 10:55 AM
dbrost wrote:
It would be helpful if anyone had a quick "how to install" on your site collection doc they could share. I'm looking to install this, but am not sure how to or how the source code plays into the architecture. Any help would be appreciated.
I have just loaded the web part to web part gallery and I have created two new lists in my application with the names "Resources" and "Resource Bookings". I get the following error message.

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldMap.GetColumnNumber(String strFieldName, Boolean bThrow)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.GetColumnNumber(String groupName, Boolean bThrowException)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.GetRawValue(String fieldname, Int32 iIndex, Boolean bThrow)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.GetValue(SPField fld, Int32 columnNumber, Boolean bRaw, Boolean bThrowException)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.GetValue(String strName, Boolean bThrowException)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.get_Item(String fieldName)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.PropertyMap.GetSPFieldValue(PropertyMap pm, SPListItem item, JoinPath joinPath)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.PropertyMap.GetFromListItem(DataContext dc, SPListItem item, Object entity, JoinPath joinPath)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.SPQueryable.GetSPFieldValue[T](PropertyMap pm, DataContext dc, SPListItem item, Object entity, JoinPath joinPath)
at lambda_method(ExecutionScope , SPListItem )
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Buffer
1..ctor(IEnumerable1 source)
at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable
1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)
at KWSResourceBooking.KWSResourceCalendar.KWSResourceCalendarUserControl.RenderDay(Int32 dayNumber, DateTime day, List
1 filter)
at KWSResourceBooking.KWSResourceCalendar.KWSResourceCalendarUserControl.RenderWeek(DateTime weekStartDate, List`1 filter)
at KWSResourceBooking.KWSResourceCalendar.KWSResourceCalendarUserControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
at KWSResourceBooking.KWSResourceCalendar.KWSResourceCalendar.CreateChildControls()
at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Please find attached a copy of installation instructions which we’ve had for a while but just forgotten to add to the documentation page.

This explains how to install the feature and set up a working example. Elements can then be added as required however please note that field names need to be as per those documented in the schema.xml for the relevant list.

Do please email if you have any further questions.

Regards

Alan Courtenay